Monday, February 25, 2019

Crispy Same-Day Sourdough Waffles

If you are like me you are always looking for more delicious ways to use your sourdough starter.  The benefits of properly prepared grains are many.  This is just one more of the ways our family gets to delight in the tasty sweet goodness of a whole grain breakfast without any regrets later.




Ingredients:
2 Farm Fresh Eggs, duck or chicken
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Real Salt
1/4 Cup Melted Butter or Coconut Oil
2 T Honey (melted if solid), Sucanat or other sweetener
2 Cup sourdough starter that has been fed within the last 12 hours
Combine well and then add 1t baking soda just prior to pouring on to the pre-heated waffle iron.
My note: I like to have a thicker starter for this recipe :)



Here is the easy recipe which I have doubled for our large family.  This freezes and reheats in the toaster AMAZINGLY well.  You can get the details and watch me prepare it here on our YouTube channel.  Post below to let me know how your family liked it!!

See y'all next time,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment