Saturday, February 4, 2017

BAM!! Just Like That!

And...Bam!  Just like that my firstborn son turned 16 this week.  It was a day that arrived way too soon for me.  The two of us got to go on a date in the middle of the day to a local Brazilian steakhouse with an amazing salad bar of fresh greens, fruits, cheeses, and meats that are such a delight for the eyes as well as the taste buds.  A favorite was the Brazilian lemonade.  I am going to work on this recipe and see if we can enjoy some of it at  home this summer.  I'll post the recipe when I get it just right.  He was kind enough to pause for a quick shot here before we went inside.  I can't believe the amazing, capable young man he has become.  Sniff!

 Since it is still somewhat cool we are spending more of our days inside than we like to.  That does afford me some guilty pleasure time to spend with my embroidery machine though on fun projects.  Here are a couple pillows that I personalized for the girls beds to give their room a little more flair.  Both pillows are amazing thrift store finds that I knew would be perfect.

See you around the homestead soon!
-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment